Whiplash Treatment with our West Omaha Chiropractor
Think whiplash only happens after an auto accident? Think again! At West Omaha Chiropractic & Sports Injury Clinic, we see patients suffering from signs and symptoms of whiplash syndrome following a variety of personal injury incidents.
What is Whiplash?
Visualize what happens to a whip when you snap it quickly. With whiplash syndrome, a similar thing happens to your neck! If some sort of forceful motion causes your body to rapidly accelerate, decelerate, or change direction (such as an auto accident, collision on the sports field, or slip and fall), this can impose a lot of strain and tension through your neck. When this happens, tissue damage to structures in the cervical spine can occur, misalignments in the cervical joints can develop, and additional problems like nerve compression can develop.
Common Signs & Symptoms of Whiplash
Whiplash symptoms range from mild to severe and can last for weeks or even months if left untreated (and may lead to chronic dysfunction, too!). Common symptoms include:
- Jaw pain
- Ringing in the ears
- Mental fogginess, difficulty concentrating
- Neck pain, tenderness, and stiffness
- Shoulder pain, tenderness, and stiffness
- Numbness, tingling, and weakness in the arms
You might think that such a forceful type of injury would lead to symptoms right away, but this isn't necessarily true! Often, symptoms are delayed because "fight or flight" hormones surge during trauma and can actually mask pain before these hormones return to their normal levels.
This is why it's so crucial to see a chiropractor as soon as you can, following any sort of accident like a car crash, midfield sports collision, or stumble. You just never know what type of hidden tissue damage or inflammation is going on, and the earlier you seek treatment, the better your chances are of a full recovery!
How a Chiropractor in Omaha NE Can Alleviate Your Whiplash
If you have symptoms of whiplash or are worried this syndrome may be brewing, come see a chiropractor in Omaha NE. We can detect hidden warning signs of damage and inflammation then get you started right away on a customized treatment plan, which may include services like:
- Chiropractic Care: adjustments realign your entire neck and spine, trigger the release of natural painkillers, and relieve pressure on injured discs, nerves, etc.
- Acupuncture: trigger pain relief, decreased connective tissue tension, and other biological healing effects with this ancient Eastern medicine
- Massage: more than a luxury, massage offers various health benefits for whiplash sufferers, including improved circulation and decreased pain
Make an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Omaha Today
Contact our Omaha Chiropractic Clinic for help with your whiplash by calling (402) 334-4700!