Pregnancy Chiropractic Care in Omaha NE
Pregnancy is a time when many women experience back pain, hip pain, leg pain and a variety of other problems that can make the experience of being pregnant uncomfortable. Staying healthy during this time can be a challenge as well because a reduced immune function is a common problem during pregnancy. Many women seek ways to improve their health and comfort without taking medications.
At West Omaha Chiropractic & Sports Injury Clinic, we help patients manage their pregnancy-related pain. We use all natural, medication-free, non-invasive treatments to help pregnant women stay healthy.
Services Offered By Your Pregnancy Chiropractor
As your pregnancy chiropractor in West Omaha, we offer a variety of chiropractic services to boost patient immune function, reduce pressure and strain on the muscles and improve patient comfort.
• Spinal adjustment. When the baby grows inside the uterus, the woman's center of gravity shifts. This can put a strain on the muscles and vertebrae in the back, leading to subluxations and pressure on the spinal cord. A spinal adjustment can realign the vertebrae and reduce pressure on the spine. This promotes good communication between the brain and the rest of the body, which can help boost immune function and reduce muscle pain.
• Lifestyle advice. Our lifestyle advice helps pregnant women avoid activities that can cause pain. We also show women how to make small lifestyle adjustments that can help them and their baby stay healthy.
• Stretches and exercises. We teach pregnant patients how to do stretches and exercises that can help prepare their bodies for labor. We also teach women to do exercises that can improve their mobility and reduce their pain while they are pregnant.
• Nutrition counseling. Nutrition is very important during pregnancy. Eating right can help reduce pregnancy symptoms while also keeping mother and baby healthy. We teach pregnant patients to eat balanced, nutritionally rich diets.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care during Pregnancy
There are many reasons to see the chiropractor during pregnancy, including:
• Improved immune function. A woman's immune function is weakened during pregnancy. This can lead to illnesses. Techniques like spinal adjustment and nutrition counseling can help women stay healthy.
• Reduced pain. Spinal adjustments and stretches and exercises can help reduce pain from muscle tension.
• Preparation for labor. Chiropractors teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can make labor easier. In this way, seeing a chiropractor can reduce the risk of Caesarian section.
Is Chiropractic Care for Pregnant Patients Safe?
Chiropractic care is medication free and non-invasive, so it's safe for pregnant patients. Chiropractors use targeted adjustments to treat pain at its source and help the body heal at the same time. This ensures that each patient gets exactly the right treatment for her needs.
Contact Your West Omaha Chiropractor Today for Pregnancy Chiropractic Care
As your chiropractor in West Omaha, we help women through all stages of pregnancy. Whether you're newly pregnant or nearly to term, we can help. To make an appointment, call us today at (402) 334-4700.