West Omaha Chiropractic
Massage Therapist In West Omaha
Massage Clinic. Call Now!
West Omaha Massage Therapy
West Omaha Chiropractic offers massage therapy for those looking to alleviate chronic pain, muscle tension or simply looking to achieve overall relaxation and body wellness. Massage therapy can have a profound positive effect on your health and wellness, from providing drug-free chronic pain management to helping you recover from injuries more quickly and completely.
That's why our team of massage therapists here at West Omaha Chiropractic in West Omaha prescribe it for many of our patients as part of a personalized holistic treatment program. Call now for an appointment!
Most Common Massage Therapy Techniques
Our team at West Omaha Chiropractic may prescribe one particular type of massage therapy, or even several types working synergistically, to address specific physical complaints. The most common types of massages include:
- Swedish Massage - Swedish massage is the light, soothing massage so familiar to clients of day spas. The strokes are intended to stimulate circulation, expel inflammatory substances and relax muscles near the skin surface.
- Deep Tissue Massage - Deep tissue massage uses more forceful strokes to manipulate underlying tissues. The deeper pressure releases natural painkilling substances and can even lower blood pressure.
- Trigger Point Therapy - This therapy applies direct pressure to muscle knots called trigger points which refer pain to other areas of the body.
- Sports Massage - Sports massage concentrates on the muscle groups used in your chosen athletic activity. It can loosen these muscles before an event, relieve pain following an event or help you rehabilitate a sports injury.
Experience The Benefits Of Massage Therapy
Our massage therapists can provide a wide range of benefits for body and mind. While the specific effects may vary from one type of massage technique to another, overall this method of treatment can help with such common issues as:
- Back Pain - Spinal alignment problems or injuries can cause the major muscle groups of the back to suffer strain or tightness. Massage can relax these muscles, which not only relieves immediate discomfort but also facilitates the effectiveness of any chiropractic adjustments we may need to perform.
- Headaches - Tension headaches are associated with muscle spasms in and around the neck -- especially the RCPM muscle, which can tug on a membrane known as the dura mater to cause headache pain. Massage focused on the neck, shoulders and base of the skull can stop this cause of chronic or recurring headaches.
- Sports Injuries - Sports injuries may feature either muscle acute strains and ligament damage or chronic tendinitis due to repetitive motion (with tennis elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome in tennis players serving as prime examples). Massage can boost blood flow to these injured tissues to help them heal.
- Arthritis - Arthritis pain and stiffness is caused by inflammation within the joints. Massage therapy has been shown to increase pain-free range of motion while also boosting serotonin levels to improve mood in chronic pain sufferers.
- Chiropractic Adjustments
- Back Pain Treatment
- Spinal Exams
- Sciatica Treatment
- Auto Accident Recovery
- Personal Injury Rehabilitation
- Postural Screenings
- Neck Pain Treatment
- Wellness Care
- Sports Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Pain
- Hip Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Stress Relief
- Pain Relief
- Stop Smoking
- Sinus Issues
- Massage Therapy
- Lower Back Pain