Many people suffer from the effects of poor posture, yet they aren’t able to change the factors that contribute to poor posture. At West Omaha Chiropractic & Sports Injury Clinic in Omaha, NE, we help many patients whose health complications are triggered by poor posture. We can help alleviate your pain and adjust your posture so you don’t suffer in the future.
Causes of Poor Posture
If your job involves sitting behind a desk and staring at a computer from 8 to 5, you could be a culprit of poor posture. Poor posture occurs when your spine sits in an unnatural position, putting a strain on the spinal muscles and bones. Prolonged improper positioning creates problems like back and neck pain that become difficult to treat if you don’t seek immediate care.
Besides poor sitting position, other causes of poor posture include:
- Improper walking style
- Uncomfortable clothes, like high-heeled shoes and tight clothes
- An occupation that involves heavy lifting
- A past injury that may alter your natural positioning
5 Signs of Poor Posture
It can often be hard to tell if you have poor posture. However, when you listen to your body, you will notice the below signs:
- Lower back pain: Poor sitting or walking style puts unbalanced pressure on the lower back muscles, causing pain.
- Neck pain: Does your job involve carrying heavy loads on your head or shoulders? Your neck muscles are strong, but when exposed to overuse and strain, they become stiff and cause pain.
- Headaches: A combination of looking at the computer screen for too long and sitting with your head leaning forward is going to trigger tension headaches.
- Pelvic pain: Sitting for too long can cause tightness in the hip flexors that extends from the lower back to the front of the hips.
- Shoulder pain: Do you hunch your shoulders? The chances are that you are experiencing shoulder pain. Activities that put more strain on one shoulder than the other are likely to strain shoulder muscles, causing pain.
Get Relief from Poor Posture
If you are suffering from chronic pain because of poor posture, we can help. It is important to seek treatment so your condition does not worsen. At West Omaha Chiropractic & Sports Injury in Omaha, NE, our chiropractor uses natural remedies to treat pain emanating from bad posture. We can also teach you how to correct poor posture. Call us today to schedule an appointment.