Back Pain Care from Your West Omaha Chiropractor
Back pain makes everything difficult, from working to sleeping. Over time, chronic back pain can reduce your quality of life. Patients who assume compensatory postures because of their back pain may even become more injured, by putting a strain on the muscles in the back. As your Omaha Chiropractor, we provide back pain treatment to reduce pain and improve patient mobility.
Causes of Back Pain
There are many reasons that patients experience back pain in Omaha. Some of the most common causes of back pain include:
• Subluxations. A subluxation is a condition that occurs when misaligned vertebrae put pressure on the spinal cord, causing pain, tingling, and numbness.
• Herniated disc. This condition occurs when the disc between the vertebrae protrudes from the spine. A herniated disc can cause patients extreme pain while also limiting a patient's range of motion.
• Strains and sprains. Strains and sprains can cause a general achiness in the back, shoulders, and neck.
Many patients experience these type of injuries because of physical labor, repetitive motions, ergonomic problems, occupational injuries, personal injuries and car accidents.
Chiropractic Treatments for Back Pain
There are many ways that chiropractors treat back pain in their patients. These treatments include:
• Spinal adjustment. An adjustment is a treatment that helps realign the vertebrae and reduce pressure on the spinal cord. Spinal adjustments help patients by improving communication between the brain and the rest of the body. A spinal adjustment also helps patients by soothing aching muscles. This technique treats pain at its source, to help patients enjoy greater comfort from the first session.
• Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercises can help strengthen the muscles of the back. We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can improve their mobility and reduce muscle stiffness.
• Lifestyle advice. Often, patients exacerbate their own discomfort through their everyday activities. We teach patients how to make simple lifestyle adjustments to avoid this problem.
• Massage therapy. Massage therapy helps improve blood flow in injured areas. Massage therapy also reduces muscle tension in the back, which can lead to instant patient relief.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
There are many reasons that patients seek chiropractic care for their back pain. Some of the greatest benefits of chiropractic care include:
• All natural. Chiropractic care is medication-free and non-invasive, so it's all natural.
• Safe for all ages. We treat patients from the youngest children to the oldest seniors. Because chiropractic care is adjusted for the patient, its' safe for everyone.
• Preventative. After your back pain is treated, we can help you avoid future back pain through preventative services.
Contact Your Back Pain Chiropractor near West Omaha Today
As your chiropractor in Omaha, we can help you manage back pain and recover from back injuries. We offer a range of gentle, medication-free techniques to help patients stay healthy. To get back pain relief, contact us today to make an appointment at (402) 334-4700.
Back Pain FAQs in Omaha, NE
Whether you’re searching for low back pain relief or seeking an alternative treatment for chronic back pain, our Omaha chiropractors can provide the care you need. Particularly if you’re new to chiropractic back pain treatment, it’s common to have questions, and so we’ve provided answers below to some of those we encounter most frequently.
Why Does My Back Hurt?
There are a number of reasons why you may be suffering from back pain, with a slipped, ruptured or herniated disc close to the top of the list. In fact, any misalignment of the vertebrae in the spinal column will put extra stress on the surrounding soft tissues, which in turn, can cause them to spasm and cramp. Sometimes these misalignments are the result of a traumatic injury, such as one sustained in a car accident, but they can also occur seemingly spontaneously due to the stresses encountered in everyday life.
Alternately, back pain may be caused by a chronic condition like spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, or scoliosis. Sometimes pain from a car accident injury or other traumatic events can last beyond the expected time frame and this form of chronic pain is something we can treat as well.
How Is Back Pain Diagnosed?
To determine the best way to provide low back pain relief for you, we’ll complete a thorough physical exam, focusing particularly on the problem area. We’ll test your strength, range of motion, and reflexes, and we’ll also discuss any symptoms to help us get a full picture of your condition. Depending on our findings, we may recommend some further diagnostic imaging tests like x-rays to help us arrive at a definitive diagnosis.
How Does Chiropractic Back Pain Treatment Work?
Chiropractic back pain treatment works by restoring proper alignment of all components of the neuromusculoskeletal system. This allows the joints and soft tissues to function as intended, and it helps reduce extra stress on damaged tissues, allowing them to heal properly. In order to facilitate this healing and support the body’s natural processes, our back pain treatment removes nerve interference, promotes circulation, and reduces inflammation.
Contact Us Today for More Information!
So, if you’re looking for low back pain relief, call our Omaha chiropractic clinic today at (402) 334-4700 to take advantage of our new client special.