Arthritis is an inflammatory condition characterized by swelling and pain in single or multiple joints. The most widespread forms of arthritis are rheumatoid (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA). OA causes wear and tear of the cartilage that cushions joints, while RA occurs when the immune system attacks your body tissues, including your joints. In many cases, arthritis affects older adults. However, anyone can suffer from arthritis.
Are you suffering from arthritis? There may be no cure, but chiropractic care can help manage your arthritis symptoms for a normal life. So, if you are in Omaha, NE, don’t let arthritic pain paralyze your life. Instead, book an appointment with West Omaha Chiropractic & Sports Injury Clinic for pain relief.
Symptoms of Arthritis
Various types of arthritis exhibit different types of symptoms. The signs range from severe to mild. The most common symptoms of arthritis include:
- Swollen and tender joints
- Stiffness in joints
- Joint deformity
- Reduced range of motion
- Chronic fatigue
Severe arthritis causes pain and limited mobility and diminishes your quality of life. However, this doesn’t have to be the way of life. Chiropractic care can help manage your symptoms.
Risk Factors of Arthritis
The causative agent of various arthritis has remained a mystery. However, researchers are delving into the role of genetics and lifestyle in the development of arthritis. Other risk factors include:
- Age: As one gets older, the joints tend to get worn out. That is why people mostly experience osteoarthritis as they age.
- Sex: Women are more susceptible to various types of arthritis than men.
- Obesity: Being overweight aggravates the likelihood of exerting extra stress on joints, inducing wear and tear that leads to osteoarthritis.
- Infection: Fungi, viruses, and bacteria can infect joints, culminating in inflammation.
- Occupation: Some jobs requiring recurring motions or heavy lifting can trigger stress on joints, resulting in arthritis.
- Injury: A previous injury to your joints, either after sports or a car accident, can cause arthritis in that joint.
Chiropractic Care for Arthritis
While chiropractic care doesn’t cure arthritis, it reduces pain and restores mobility in arthritic patients. Chiropractors employ various chiropractic techniques to deal with musculoskeletal complications. These techniques include:
- Spinal manipulation: By restoring your body’s natural alignment, our chiropractor can relieve your pain, restore your range of motion, and improve your body’s natural ability to heal itself.
- Massage therapy: This treatment relaxes your painful joints and also improves blood circulation to the injured joints, speeding up healing.
- Acupuncture: This treatment alleviates chronic pain by inserting thin needles at specific points in your body.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Arthritis Treatment in Omaha, NE
Suffering from chronic arthritic pain? Don’t tough it out! Instead, please book an appointment with our chiropractor at West Omaha Chiropractic & Sports Injury Clinic for pain management. Call us today at (402) 334-4700 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.